The full form of CBD is cannabidiol & which was discovered in the 1940s. It is a type of phytocannabinoid. CBD is the second active component of cannabis(Marijuana). CBD is an important component used for medical purposes. CBD is formed from the hemp plant, which is a part of the marijuana plant. From a report of the World Health of Organization, there is no effect of CBD on the human body. CBD is taken in many ways, in the form of smoke, vapor, aerosol spray, and by mouth. It is also supplied as an oil containing CBD as the main ingredient. CBD is partially legal in the United States. All 50 states of the US have different laws for legalizing CBD. The law of the government of the US for CBD is very confusing as CBD is coming from the hemp plant or marijuana. The legalization of CBD is about to change as it is coming to know that hemp crops legal for all purposes. Because of this many products are available for alleviating many types of conditions. Pain management is just one of them. In this article, we will see how to use CBD oil for pain.
How CBD is Effective for Pain
Marijuana has been used as medicine since 2900 B.C. Recently scientist has found that some components of marijuana which includes CBD as pain relief items. The human body has a specialized system called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which involves a variety of functions including sleeping, appetite, pain, and immune system response. From studies, it is seen that CBD reduces chronic pain by hitting endocannabinoid receptor activity In common words, CBD oil is a very highly concentrated liquid whose common ingredient is cannabidiol. This oil is formed by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant and infusing the oil with the extraction. Not all CBD oils are equal, as there is more local quality CBD oil that anyone can buy on the internet or at a local tobacco store. So it is best to buy CBD oil from a licensed store whose oils are lab tested and made by effective producers. CBD is available in both forms as oil and as well as capsules. CBD oil is also available in the form of a cartridge that allows people to vaporize oil. There are different forms in which people can use CBD oil:
• Orally: In this form, one can add oil to food or beverage and take it regularly. In this, it will take time to digest oil. Digestion depends on the factors like body weight, metabolism, or the food one having at that time. The effect of oil can take 15 minutes to 2 hours. It is also available in the form of capsules, which one can take the same way as one takes vitamins.
• Sublingually: Taking CBD oil under the tongue is the best effective way to get relief. By doing this the active ingredients are directly absorbed into the bloodstream. Due to this it only takes 5 to 15 minutes to get relief. However, one will get used to the taste of CBD oil.
• Topically: In this one can use oil as lotion and it can be applied only in the affected areas where a person is feeling pain. One can reduce pain and achy joints just by applying the CBD oil locally.
Finding the right dose can take a bit of time by the trial-and-error method. In common cases, patients are started with a higher dose. Most of the patients are given a dose of high 25 mg for oral. If the patient is not getting relief at 25 mg then the dose is increased by 5 or 10 mg until the patient gets relief. Some of the patients are required more dose of 200 mg a day. Thus here we can see that CBD is used in managing many pain-related conditions, so, CBD is effective for pain management. The popularity of CBD (cannabidiol) has increased in previous years. The popularity should not be surprising. CBD has been deemed one of the most promising medicinal.
For curing pain-related conditions, CBD oil dosage is kind of a tricky road to travel. But what you should do first and foremost is talk with an expert in CBD dosage. There are many certified clinicians who have good knowledge about CBD oil. Once you do so, take some time thinking over your respective pain condition. Also, the specific strength and type of CBD infused has to be taken into consideration. As people take CBD oil orally the effect of CBD oil hits much effectively. You can use an online calculator for CBD Oil dosage. But, the principle is simple to grasp. Take your age, gender, and other physical conditions in regard before any dosage details.
Possible Side Effects of CBD
• Liver injury.
• Interaction with other medicines causing severe side effects.
• Increasing the risk of sedation.
• Decrease in appetite.
• Causing diarrhea.
CBD oil is widely available in markets as drugs, dietary supplements, cosmetics, health product for the animal, etc. Some other side effects of CBD are as follow:
• Drowsiness: The most common side of using CBD is drowsiness. The effects can be worse if you are taking CBD with other sedating medicines.
• Gastrointestinal Issue: Depending upon the individual and medical history some patients may get diarrhea and also liver problems
• Dry mouth: Dry mouth is also known as “cotton mouth”. CBD can cause one feels his/her eyes and mouth dry. These side effects are also common with THC.
• Nausea: As CBD products come in various forms, such as oils, pills, vapors, the amount absorbed can vary drastically will cause nausea.
• Low Blood Pressure: In high blood pressure CBD is supposed to medicine to reduce blood pressure. But if taken in a higher dose it may lead to low blood pressure.
• Fatigue: In general, if CBD is taken in a higher amount or dose it may lead to fatigue.
Other benefits of CBD oil:
Other CBD Oil Benefits
Experts, users, and practitioners have chimed into the following benefits of CBD oils:
1. Could Reduce Anxiety and Depression: The most common mental health disorder which affects health and well-being are anxiety and depression. Anxiety and Depression are commonly treated with drugs causing a large number of side effects which include agitation, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, and many more. According to the reading of WHO, Depression is the single largest disability worldwide, where anxiety is on sixth. CBD oil has shown that it can treat depression and anxiety.
2. Can Alleviate Cancer-Related Symptoms: CBD also helps to reduce cancer symptoms like vomiting, nausea, and pain. Studies show that CBD and THC with cancer-related pain did not get relief from medication. CBD also helps to reduce chemotherapy nausea with cancer. Even some drugs help with the distressing symptom, they sometimes fail to effect. Many more studies have shown that the use of CBD has given the growth of aggressive breast cancer cells in mice.
3. May Reduce Acne: Acne is another most common skin allergy that has covered more than 9% of the population. Acne is caused by a lot of things which are genetic, bacterial, overproduction of sebum, oil secretion, etc. CBD oil helps to treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties. CBD oil has also the ability to reduce the production of sebum. CBD is is the best and safest way for treating acne.
4. Could benefit Heart Health: In the researches with CBD it is found that it has several benefits related to the heart and circulatory system. It also includes blood pressure. High blood pressure causes a higher risk of health conditions like heart attack, stroke many more. A study has shown that one dose of 600 mg of CBD oil has reduced blood pressure.
5. Several Other Benefits:
• Antipsychotic: Studies show that CBD helped people with mental symptoms like schizophrenia and other mental disorders.
• Substance Abuse Treatment: CBD has also been shown in the modification of brain-related drug addiction.
• Anti-tumor Effect: From the studies, CBD has also shown its effects in anti-tumor. It has shown prevention in lung cancer, colon, etc.
• Diabetes Prevention: CBD has also shown its effects in preventing diabetes by 56% and inflammation.
6. Chronic pain: Chronic pain is a pain that lasts for 12-14 weeks. This person feels aching and burning in the affected area. Chronic pain may affect a person’s day-to-day life and also mental health. It will keep hurting a person’s body for weeks, months, or even years after injury. But by the use of CBD oil effect of chronic pain can be reduced.
7. Sleep disorder: Sleep disorder is defined as the change of routine of sleeping time which negatively affects the health of a person. The sleeping disorder may be occurred due to depression, jetlag, or even the amount of coffee a person takes. By using CBD oil, the treatment of sleep issues can be resolved. Other CBD products can also deliver similar results for sleep.
8. Migraine: A neurological condition that causes multiple symptoms. The main symptoms of migraine are pulsing sensations in one side of the head. Migraine is caused due to stress, depression, dietary factors caffeine consumptions, chocolate, citrus fruits, etc. By using CBD oil intensity of the pain caused due to migraine will be reduced by 43.5%.
9. Cancer: When in a human body growth of abnormal cells increases or uncontrolled then these cells are harmful to the body. These abnormal cells are termed cancer. When the human body’s normal control mechanism does not work properly it will cause cancer. CBD has shown that it can deter the growth of cancer cells and it can alleviate cancer-related conditions.
10. Parkinson’s disease: When the central nervous system does not work properly by which movements are affected including tremors known as Parkinson’s disease. It often starts in one hand cause of tremors and other symptoms are stiffness, slow movements, and loss of balance. CBD oil can be used as a treatment option for this disease due to the identification of multiple potential targets.
11. Alzheimer’s disease: The disease which affects human mental health, memories, and other mental functions. In this disease brain, cells degenerate themselves causing memory loss. Studies show that components of CBD and THC can be helpful with symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
12. Asthma: Asthma is an inflammatory disease in which the airways of a person get narrow and swell which makes breathing difficult with a whistling sound. Asthma cannot be cured fully. From the study of researchers, it is seen that CBD is more effective for the treatment of Asthma disease because CBD has anti-inflammatory properties due to which is helpful in the treatment of Asthma.
13. Stroke: Whenever there is a blockage in blood supply to the brain occurs then the condition is known as Stroke. The main symptoms of a stroke are trouble walking, speaking, and understanding. Stroke also causes paralysis to a human body part. CBD oil boosts brain function thus recovers from a Stroke. During a stroke, CBD increases cerebral blood flow.
As we all know the use of marijuana will affect the human body in several ways but if use marijuana for medicinal purposes then we have so many options for the treatment of different types of diseases. If we want to keep our minds strong and clear, then we have to keep our bodies in good health. To keep our body in good health is our moral duty.